Thursday, May 16, 2013

34 weeks.


Just six more weeks and we get to meet our little girl! As Mothers Day came and went this past week I thought so much about what it will mean to be a Mother to this sweet daughter of mine. I recognize that I am already providing for her in so many ways right now, and already feel like a Momma. I know that feeling will intensify when she is here and I get to hold her in my arms, and squeeze her tight, and love on her! Since I’m only a soon to be Momma right now I wasn’t really expecting anything this Mother’s Day. One of a million reasons I love my husband, Glenn took me out to an Ihop breakfast on Saturday, bought me a balance ball to stretch my pregnant body, and made a pasta creation dinner for me on Sunday. It was nice to feel appreciated for carrying this baby. 

I am looking more pregnant. For the longest time I thought I was really showing and I guess my belly was more subtle than I thought. Now it’s very obvious. I can’t go anywhere without someone commenting on my baby belly. When we were at Ihop the greeter kept saying to us, ‘you mean table for three’, like he was so clever. People are constantly telling me that I look amazing, from the back I don’t look pregnant at all, that I’m all belly, and it’s all very flattering so thank you. There was only one instance where someone thought the opposite and guessed I was actually more pregnant. A woman in my Pilates class complimented me for still coming at 8 months pregnant, I was only 6 ½ months pregnant at the time. I’m feeling good, and don’t mind that my belly has taken over since it means my baby is healthy and growing. I am really feeling the much more obvious belly. This baby girl is getting heavy and I have to stick pillows underneath my belly to support the weight and be more comfortable. Now that she’s a lot bigger, she is a lot stronger too. Oh my she is strong! Sometimes my belly literally bulges out where she is moving. Now that baby is sticking out further, I drip toothpaste on my shirt practically every time I brush my teeth. I love my stomach at this stage though. I am always trying to figure out what position baby girl is in, sometimes my whole stomach is all lopsided from how she is positioned, and I’m always resting my hands on the top of my belly and rubbing my belly.  

With looking more pregnant comes feeling more pregnant. In the past couple weeks I have had my first experiences with Braxton Hicks contractions. The first time they happened took me by surprise and I thought it was kind of early. The pain wasn’t unbearable but they lasted for a long time and I just need to sit or lay down. The next time I recognized the tightening in my stomach immediately for what it was. I am in awe of my body, how it’s taking care of this baby so far, and now preparing itself for delivery. This is truly what my body was built to do. I am learning to respect that my little pregnant body does have limitations and I can’t do things like I normally would. The dresser flipping business is in full swing, and the other day I spent three hours hunched over sanding. Not my brightest idea considering I could barely move my back afterwards. Now I’m trying to listen to my body, take longer breaks, or quit for the day if necessary. This past weekend we ran a lot of errands, and I was standing and walking around a lot. It was the first time my feet have really been sore, and Glenn thought my ankles were a tiny bit swollen too. I’m just hoping my feet will hold up for the 5k we’re signed up to do in three weeks. A 5k at over 37 weeks, am I crazy?! I will probably be walk/waddling at that point but I’m really motivated to do it even if I’m super slow. I have so much faith in the power of stretching, and that’s when my body feels its best. Glenn will help push me into deeper stretches that I couldn’t do on my own, and always reminds me to breathe. I know he will be an excellent breathing coach when I am in labor. I always sleep so much better on the nights we do our couple stretching. One night Glenn was really sore from running and I offered to help stretch him out as well. His facial expressions looked like he was agony, I think he may have shed a tear, or peed a little in the process, I couldn’t help laughing. I’m also loving and already using my balance ball all the time, I just know we will be best friends the rest of this pregnancy.
 
The only part of this pregnancy I’m uneasy about is the when? I actually asked my Doctor if she would guarantee me that this baby will come on her due date. She basically just laughed at my request and told me all the reasons that’s not a possibility. With all sincerity though, I wasn’t joking. I want this baby girl to come when she feels ready. I want to be flexible when it comes to the labor and delivery, and not be upset if baby girl doesn’t come according to my plans. I just really would love for my Mother to be there. It’s so hard to coordinate when she should fly here from California when babies are so unpredictable, early, on time, late, who knows? Honestly it is stressing me out. It may sound silly but I’m feeling pressure to have her at the ‘right time’ so that my mom doesn’t miss it. Glenn has to constantly remind me that I can’t control the Universe! He has been an amazing comfort, and I’m so grateful for the balance he brings to our marriage and my semi crazy tendencies. I know we will be the perfect team when it comes to raising our daughter!


 
Mother's Day photo shoot at 33 weeks, 3 days.



Puppy Mom and soon to be human Mom!

I love the way the sun is hitting and we look like glowing parents to be.

3 comments:

  1. Cute dress! Be sure to take the ball to the hospital with you. It's way more comfortable than a bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the dress! happy to see you rockin' the milk maid braid. Don't worry soon your baby girl will be here and today will just be a memory. Enjoy it and I am so excited for you!

    -jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dress and I was happy to see you rockin' the milk maid braid today. Excited for you and the countdown has begun....

    ReplyDelete