Sunday, January 27, 2013

Three years ago today.

Three years ago today I went on a first date. Honestly, when I was asked out on this date I said yes purely out of convenience. Let me explain. This was also the first week of classes of my very last semester at Sacramento State. Seeing that it was my last semester before graduation I needed certain classes regardless of what day or time they were offered. This is how I ended up with a five hour break in my schedule and taking a ridiculous three hour night class. So when said boy, who conveniently lives less than five minutes from campus, offered to buy me lunch I said yes. Don’t get me wrong I was still very excited for this lunch. This boy was incredibly cute, working on his Masters, and liked small dogs. I had met him about two weeks prior to this date (but that’s another story) and thought this would be a fun getting to know you type lunch. We went to lunch at Dos Coyotes, and the entire time conversation flowed smoothly and there were never any awkward type moments. So the lunch date was then followed up by a movie at his house. We watched I Am Legend, you know because boys like to pick movies that hold promise for some quality cuddling. The quality cuddling ensued and I was surprised by how comfortable I felt with this boy. When the movie ended we started to talk again, more like I tried to start talking again. This boy mid-sentence, mid-word kisses me! Yes kisses me! My head was spinning, not in the I want to push him away and stop this kind of spinning, more like a wow, this was fast, you are a very to the point kind of person spinning. I went to class that night, and thank goodness it was just the first week where you pretty much just go over the syllabus in very thorough detail type of class, because my thoughts were very distracted by this boy and this kiss. This is the story of my very first date with my now husband. Little did I know that day that Glenn Fox would become my best friend, make me fall in love with him, marry me, and I would be exactly four months pregnant with his baby in another three years. What a lovely three years together it has been! I love my life with this boy and this date will forever be special to me. We would have loved to have gone to Dos Coyotes, but alas North Carolina just isn’t hip like California yet. In honor of our three year first date celebration and four months pregnant we of course had to do some photo ops today.



The necessary kissy photo.

The 4 month bump.
Still pretty tiny I know, but trust me there is a difference.

3 comments:

  1. I will interject to say I am not actually that bald. It just wasn't favorable lighting to catch the remaining patch of hair on the front side of my head. At any rate, Abbie still thinks I'm handsome so I guess that's all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute picture babe! I still can't really see a bump, but I am sure its there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too cute and you both look wonderful. We know Glen isn't bald. :-)

    ReplyDelete