Wednesday, June 5, 2013

2 years wedded, 8 months pregnant.


May 27, 2013 - 2 years down and I still love Glenn Fox with all my heart, and know I will forever and ever. Sadly, I wasn’t in the best mood morning of anniversary. Now I fear Glenn thinks I have really high anniversary expectations. In reality, sometimes it’s just really hard for me to be poor and we had to cancel our fancy date plans due to lack of funds. Makes me sound snobby and spoiled I know. Maybe my emotions are partially due to the fact that I’m pregnant? To be fair, I am eight months pregnant, and we had planned on getting a couples massage and I wanted it desperately. In an effort to cheer me up Glenn has us take turns sharing favorite memories from the last year. So many of our favorites were the same, and I realized just how much we have been able to do over the past year. Finding out that I was pregnant and seeing our baby girl on the ultrasound for the first time was #1! This little activity also made me realize how much more I feel like an adult than I did when we were first married. We have had to make so many difficult life decisions, and we did that together. I am proud of us and how our marriage has grown so much stronger.  

In ten months of living here we still had not visited Duke. We only pass by the exit weekly on our way to church too. I wanted a pretty place to take anniversary photos/8 month photos, so we decided on going to the Duke Gardens. We went inside the famous Duke Chapel and walked down into the crypt. I always have to take pictures of places like that for my mother. As we were finding our way to the Gardens we happened to walk past the Duke War Memorial. Perfect since today also happened to be Memorial Day. The Gardens were lovely, and had so many scenic backdrops. I love touring new places and doing photo shoots so my mood lifted quickly. I wish we had come to visit the Gardens sooner because they are gorgeous and there is so much to see that I just did not feeling like walking on a warm day at eight months pregnant. 

The rest of our day was pretty relaxed. We spent the late afternoon inside enjoying the AC and watching some Netflix. That night some friends invited us over for a BBQ. It wound up being a wonderful anniversary. I am forever grateful that we were married on Memorial Day weekend and I will never have to worry about not getting to spend the day with my husband. Just an entire day together is a blessing in itself, and makes me a happy girl. Glenn Fox, I love you. I am over the moon ecstatic to start raising our daughter together in just one month!
 











 

No comments:

Post a Comment