Thursday, March 22, 2012

Why Run?


I work out because I know I would’ve been the first to die in the Hunger Games! This picture literally made me LOL when I saw it on Pinterest because it explains my attempts at running lately to a T! I like to tell Glenn that my body was just not designed to run, I’m kind of short and can’t take long strides, and I can never figure out how to control my breathing. And yet this week, I was motivated by of all things, a book! This book is my latest obsession!! I talk about these characters as if we are friends and feel like I live in their world. I found myself wondering, how would I fare in The Hunger Games? If I am being honest with myself I would probably last a day. The truthful answer just does not sit well with me! Now I’m making my fitness a priority so the next time I revisit this question the odds of me surviving in The Hunger Games will be slightly more in my favor. I have run 3/4 days this week, not too shabby right? I wouldn’t exactly call myself an athlete yet, but at least I didn’t want to keel over and die when I finished my run today.

2 comments:

  1. 1. I ran to my car when it was raining.
    2. running iS over rated!
    3. Cute blog!
    4. If hunger games was about cannibalism, I'd be the first to go. I don't run.
    5. What is Glenn's 9-5 job? Somehow I missed a detail.
    6. See you in May!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you got over the fact that the main character is named Katniss?

    ReplyDelete