Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A dream.

This morning I woke up and remembered the entirety of my dream so vividly. For some reason I feel like this dream has some profound meaning and some lesson intertwined in it that I need to learn. Normally I can only recall vague details and partial pieces from my dreams. Maybe that’s why I feel so strongly about the importance of this one. So here it goes…

I had on a full bodysuit and was paddling out into the ocean on a surfboard. I wanted to learn how to surf and was missing one key component. I had no instructor, and yet this didn’t seem to bother me at all. I was completely alone in the water, not one single other surfer that I could glean advice from. I sat there in the water waiting and waiting for a wave to come and none ever did. Much deeper out into the water I saw a strong wave building and then crash way before it ever reached me. I debated whether or not I should paddle further into the ocean towards that spot. I didn’t feel safe moving from where I was, and decided to continue waiting for a wave to come to me. I glanced back towards the shore where there was a large crowd of spectators, all eyes on me. Glenn stood out and I watched him waving and cheering me on. And yet, I just sat there on my board, motionless. I started thinking about what I would do when a wave came. Would I be able to paddle quickly enough and stand up in time? Would I just get completely wiped out by the strength of the wave? Out of nowhere, I started seeing people on the water, that didn’t belong on the water. First, I saw a group of people skateboarding on the water right past me towards the shore. Then I saw a team of cross country runners, running on top of the water, also towards the shore. I tried to stop one of the runners and ask, “Where did you come from, How are you running on the water?” No one would stop for me and answer my questions. I sat there on my surfboard, contemplating how is what I saw even possible? I sat there on my board and waited…

I’m open to any assistance from my readers to help me interpret this dream. I shared my dream with Glenn this morning and he thought I needed to find out what that wave further out was. I want to know why having never surfed before, would I just casually try to teach myself. What were the strange skateboarders and runners doing on the water, was it just my head playing tricks on me? If I had slept longer would a wave eventually come? Explanations please! Oh and if you do comment please do so on this page and not the Facebook link. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Abby,
    So the thing about dreams isn't usually what happens, but what you feel during the events that occur. You can analyze the feelings that you had in your dream better than I can, but it sounds like there's some isolation from other people.... some desire to be independent and do new things that you're unsure how to do... and possibly the inclination to believe that other people know something that you don't about life. That's my take on it. Sincerely, the Dream Weaver (Stacy Grow)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like what ever you do you will have a team cheering you on. You can either sit and wait for the big challenges or run head on to them. Either way you have tons of support. Sometimes it's better to live in the now so you can learn along the way and then when the big challenge comes you will be prepared. I'm no expert, but theses are some of my thoughts at the moment. In addition I have learned is it's important to open up and let people know what you are struggling with so they can help you. This will bless both of you.

    ReplyDelete